Bytes for All (B4A), Pakistan is looking for three IT Officers to work in Quetta, Karachi and Lahore.
What we do:
Bytes for All (B4A), Pakistan is a technology and human rights organization with a focus on Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). We promote the use of technology for sustainable development, democracy and social justice. For more information, please visit www.bytesforall.pk.
1. Basic function of the position
The IT Officers will support the program team at B4A in the smooth implementation of a very unique data management and reporting project. This work involves reasonably good skills in hardware and software.
2. Major duties and responsibilities
Local Area Network (LAN)
- Management of the Local Area Network in line with standards and procedures;
- Ensure that back-up procedures are followed and all data is secured as per standard operating procedures;
- Ensure the LAN is functional at all times and secure from hacks;
- Regular maintenance and upgradation in consultation with the management.
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal and other content management software;
- Maintain the hosting environment/server, backups of software and database, ensure minimum down time;
- Update the UX/UI and implement new designs received from the software development team in Islamabad;
- Ensure smooth functioning and maintenance of staff workstations;
- Ensure that workstations are updated with security patches and software updates;
- Service, repair and upgrade IT and communication equipment; and
- Maintain the inventory of IT tools and equipment in office.
- Participate in human rights and technology capacity building program;
- Training of staff on use of management information system for the stakeholders;
- Undertake regular technical tests, software upgrades / updates including antivirus;
- Help with procurement of IT equipment;
- Inventory management;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Country Director.
- Graduate/Masters in IT
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS), especially Drupal;
- Knowledge of MySQL and PHP
- Knowledge of webservers and maintenance of VPS; and
- Hands on with tech trouble shooting
What we offer:
- Remuneration as per organization’s human resource policy;
- Opportunities to learn about cyberspace, technology and human rights issues;
- Opportunities to grow in the organization based on the performance; and
- A fun and relaxed work environment.
If this opportunity description interests you and fits your profile, consider sending us your CV, along with a short note explaining, why you are a good match for the position. Please also mention your preferred work station. Please make sure to mention that you are applying for the “IT Officer" position in the subject line. Deadline for applications: August 31, 2021.
Please send your applications to email@example.com.
As per the Equality Policy at Bytes for All, we will give preference to the female candidates and the candidates from religious and other minority communities.